Monday, November 30, 2009

siblings

When you have a sibling you have a job. Your job may change daily, depending on the time and circumstances. You may need to be the protector, the tormentor, the boss, the friend... and no matter what your job is you are helping the build your siblings character. I remember there were many times that I found myself being held over the bathroom toilet by my brother as he threatened to give me a swirly. You may think that he was just being mean, and at the time I surely thought he was, but now I can look back and realize that he helped make me the person I am today. There is a part of me that is a little tougher, a little bit better and talking my way out of uncomfortable situations, and I owe it all to him. So as I took this picture I couldn't help but think that someday this experience will help to make Jack a better man.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So cute!