Friday, January 22, 2010

Age

Today I find myself another year older, 35, half way to 70! Getting old doesn't bother me. I will never be one of those girls who lies about their age. I actually feel like life gets easier with each passing year. I know who I am and am comfortable in my own skin. One of my favorite quotes by Garrison Keeler " Age and wisdom don't always come together, sometimes age comes alone" hangs on our frig and know this cocktail napkin hangs next to it. Lauren got them for the wonderful party that her, my hubby and great friends put together. So I thought I would share some of what I have learned in my 35 years on earth...

Sometimes thats just the way the cookie crumbles
Things are not always as they appear
You can not judge anyone until you have lived in their shoes
Sometimes its best to just smile and wave, smile and wave
You will continue down the same road until you change your behavior
You can only get a 32oz cocktail in Vegas
Motherhood is the most difficult and rewarding job I will ever have
No one is perfect, we all have faults, some of us just more then others
Treat your body like a temple... but it is ok to go camping every once in a while
In Minnesota there is a thing called the spank line on your birthday... really glad I grew up in AZ
It is ok to vent and complain, get it off your chest, but then gotta move on
You are never too old to try something new
Things could always be worse, way worse
Dont pull his finger
You cant control others, but you can control your reaction
Life can change in a second, tell people how you love and appreciate them
Everything happens for a reason
The truth may hurt but it is the best policy
Hangovers and children don't go well together :)



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday my friend...glad you had a good one :)