I love family traditions... I believe that they help to create some of the best memories for families. I cherish the ones from my childhood and smile as my family creates its own. We added a few new ones this year. The favorite for the kids was Robert the elf. That silly little guy would find the craziest places to hide, sending the kids on an adventure every morning. It was a small miracle that he remembered to find a "new" place each night as he returned from the North Pole. He would occasionally bring little notes from Santa, reminding the kids to listen the their parents and pick up their toys :) We thank the Tobin Family for telling him about us. Maggie cried tonight when I told her to tell Robert good-bye until next year. He might just show up once in a while to remind the kids to be good!
We also added a few new books to our Holiday Library. Such fun to read holiday books before bed this time of year.
I had to laugh when Uncle Bret showed up with the kids presents wrapped in ski maps from winter park. My Gram always wrapped our presents in the Sunday funnies... I am not sure if it was lack of paper on his part or if he was holding onto his own memories.... I like to think their is something to his plan.
We have had a busy week and I found us in a frenzy to get our cookies out for Santa tonight. Thank goodness my kids like to decorate cookies and thank goodness we didn't forget the reindeer.
and now they are cuddled snug in their beds, Santa has piled the presents under the tree, and the the house is peacefully quiet, at least for a few more hours....
Merry Christmas from Colorado! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment