Here it is... the last post for 2010! I thought I would finish this year off by sharing some of my favorite things the kids have said this year. As I thought about this post while preparing breakfast this morning a million things swirled throw my head. I am glad that as I look back on 2010 only the happy things come to mind. Not that it was a year of carnivals and laughter.... but, well, that is how I am gonna remember it.
1. M has a thing for music. It can be quit annoying at times. I wont even have my seat belt buckled and she will be telling me to turn up the music. Kinda like her father wanting his window cracked... So the other day we are driving and she asks
M: is this that Pink girl?
Me: No
M: then who is it?
Me: Not really sure...
M: WHO is it?
Me: I don't know Mags, moms not really that hip.
M: Its Lady GaGa
Me: You think so?
M: Yes, I am smarter then you....
2. Jack has been pointing out his boy parts for some time now. It used to be that when you changed his diaper he would reach down and tell you "these my balls" Well now that we are on to the big boy toilet things are getting a little more interesting. The other day I jumped in the tub with him. He quickly stood up and told me " These are my balls and this is my wiener" We can thank his father for the proper language of his body parts :)
3. We were at the park and I was pushing the kids on the swings and throwing the ball for Blue. Every once in a while I would poke them with the chuck-it.
J: Why you do that?
Me: Cause I'm a mean mom.
J: You not mean!
Mags: Your not a mean mom, but your grouchy sometimes....
4. I melt every time Jack says " I like your kisses"
5. Maggie has been interested in the whole getting married thing. She frequently talks about if she marries Ian she will be Maggie Foss. It always makes her laugh. So the other day we are driving by the Foss neighborhood and Maggie says I love Ian! Jack then says I love Ben. And that is how the following conversation started.
M: If I marry Ian I will be Maggie Foss and Jack if you marry Ben you will be Jack Foss.... oh wait.... you cant marry Ben.
J: Noooo, me not marry Ben.
M: Maybe you could marry Gina! Oh, she already married Scott.
J: Yea, she married Scott.
M: There are no Foss girls for you to marry. Mom we have to find Jack a girl to marry!
6. The kids are playing in there kitchen in the playroom. They are chatting away about randomness when I hear M tell J " Mom kissed Dad so she had to marry him!"
7. The kids and I were out running errands and stopped to have lunch. We must have been having a good day because M tells me...
M: when I grow up I want to be a mommy.
Me: you do? how many kids are you gonna have?
M: KIDS? I'm not gonna have any kids....
8. Jack wants his privacy while in the bathroom. You still have to leave the door ajar so he can let you know when he is done. But I think he really likes for you to leave the door a little open so he can yell...
J: did you see that?
Us: no, but we heard it.
J: (insert giggles)
and this is my proof that he is all boy!
9. At Thanksgiving when it was Maggies turn to share what she was thankful for she said "lighting smoke bombs with my dad"
10. Maggie's preschool is up on the side of the hill so each morning we see several deer. We usually slow down and count them and just admire them. One morning as we rounded the corner and there was a HUGE buck standing in the middle of the road. I stopped and told the kids to look.
Me: wow, look you guys its a big daddy deer.
They both lean over in there seats to get a better look.
M: My daddy wants to kiiilll that deer!
And at that moment folks I realized we were on the edge of being true rednecks...
Wishing you all a happy, healthy, adventurous 2011! Love and kisses from Colorado.
2 comments:
Love it! Those made me smile. Love you guys!
Those are great! Can't wait to see you guys!xo
Post a Comment