Sunday, January 02, 2011

endings and new beginings

What does 2011 have in store for us?  I'm not really sure, but I have a good feeling about it!  I am not one to get overly excited about the whole "its a new year, a fresh start", kinda thing.  I have tried to always think that you have 365 days a year to "start fresh" if you need too.  But as I look at what I know is in store for us this year it is hard not to smile.  So here is my list of excitement about 2011.

1.  In just a few days we will get to meet Katie in person.
2.  D and I are finally going to take a trip for our anniversary, a kid-less trip, where to go...?
3.  I will finish my masters.

So what about resolutions... this is a little more tricky, but I have a few.

1.  Take a family photo every month.  We had so much fun with our Christmas photo and when putting our 2010 video together I realized there was only one other.  So one photo a month!

2. Run.  Yes, run.  If you know me you know that I dislike running.  Really dislike it.  I would rather clean toilets.... with a toothbrush.  Not mine of coarse :)  My massage therapist started running this year and told me it was because she never really liked it but thought that she should concur it before she was too old.  Sounded pretty amazing to me.  So this year I will concur running.  Maybe even a half marathon... anyone want to concur a half with me?

3.  Get organized.  Why are you laughing?  I know, but it could happen... Really I just want to clean things up.  Finally get all these photos off my computer and into some nice albums and add to our prints on the walls.  And get some video up.  Jack on his bike is hilarious.  I need to document it before its over.


Well what is a post without some photos?  Here are my first two of the year:



and I am always open for a reminder to take that monthly photo, encouragement for running, and tips to be more organized... or just an assistant to do it all for me :)

2 comments:

nisly's said...

Loved your family pic on your last post Wendy. It's funny how I feel like I know your kids and I haven't even seen you for ??? years. There is a book my family is raving about and I'm waiting my turn to read it called Born To Run - it even got my brother out running and he wasn't interested going into the book - although finishing up your masters (way to go!) probably doesn't leave you any time to read for pleasure.
Oh - and the guy in the video is my Brother in law...he's a funny one

Franklund said...

Thanks, I will check it out... I still manage to get some reading in before bed :)

one of these days we will get the kiddos together...