Wednesday, December 09, 2009

do you ever...

... just have one of those days? Or weeks? Nothing seems to go your way.... It has been that week. Well it is only Wednesday so things might change, but geez-la-weez, I need a drink! The week started of nicely. Sunday we had a great family day, the snow had already dumped a good amount so we spent the day at Chucky-cheese, I know, I know, you would think that we were crazy but the kids had a blast and D and I even enjoyed ourselves amoungst the crowds of screaming children. Then Monday came.... I made my second attempt at a Christmas photo. My little camera-hater was in a good mood so I thought lets do this! She was fine until I wanted to comb her hair. I should have just put the camera away right then and there but for some reason I like to punish myself. And this is how it went. Hey Maggie, can you sit on that stool for me....
What put the stool on my head?

Jack was more then happy to play along but by the time I got Maggie to cooperate he was done..

I attempted again after we got home from hockey. Again I like to punish myself. Maggie was all smiles... just not the kind I was thinking would work for a Christmas card....

I finally got this... Jack looks like a sly-dog! I was at the point of maybe we will send out the good old Christmas cards with no photo this year....

So Monday came and went with no photo. I needed some stress relief, so off to the gym to meet my good friend Sara. She complained about the roads (it was still snowing) and I was all like "they aren't that bad" or so I thought. I made it home with a nice dent in my car, thanks to some black ice and a guardrail! Nothing is worse then making that slow slide knowing that you are gonna hit and there is nothing you can do about it. I am trying to be positive. This Arizona girl has lived in the snow for over 8 years and this is my first accident.... not bad if you ask me.
So we wake to a lot of snow on Tuesday, and I mean a lot. Every district called a snow day... whoot-whoot... no school... means no work!!! I had a partner, someone to help me rangle the bambinos, an assistant. Silly me, I should have gone wih plan B and just sent out those photoless cards!

This might actually be the card this year.... It shows the true relationship of my children!

and yes, it is still snowing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this photo!!

Franklund said...

It is so them....

Shannon said...

OMG! I am in the office alone laughing my butt off! I love it! I have had the same problem...I already gave up... cards are done. Not what I envisioned, but they will work! Miss you guys! xoxo

Franklund said...

I had "take pic" on my to do list for weeks. I finally went with plan C. I should know better by now...