I know you have heard this before, BUT, it has been one of those weeks! So let me see if I can fill you in without having to write a novel.
Got back to town from ND late Wednesday night. Very very sad that the Spivey's had to reschedule their visit.
Thursday we walked around in a daze.
By Friday we were back to normal, still living out of the suitcase, but as normal as could be. The weekend was pretty uneventful. T-ball, farmers market, bike-ride.
Monday was the one year anniversary of the spin class that Sara "saw the light". (no I am not mean, we actually joke about it now). There was a celebration class scheduled just for Sara, with all her buddies. So here I come walking into class, flip-flops on, spin bag containing spin-shoes, water, socks.... wait where are my shoes? Oh, they would be sitting on the porch where I took them off the day before. Crap, no time to go home, so I spin in my flip-flop. Yes, flip-flops. You should try it sometime... :)
Tuesday my dad and uncle Kenny arrive from the annual motorcycle trip. Make appointment for Jacks reoccurring water-butt that he picked up in ND. Finally put the clothes and suitcase away. Off to cocktails with the girls.
Wednesday Maggie gets warned not to play rough with Blue... this is what happens... there was a lot of blood and a phone call to daddy.
Wednesday Jack wakes with a fever of 102. I call to verify that I can give him motrin. Jack sleeps. When he awakens I check his temp. 104.6! Holy Cow! I FREAK OUT! Call Doc. Put Jack in luke warm bath which drops temp to 101. Follow directions to give more motrin and call in two hours. D checks in and FREAKS OUT when I tell him. Jack is holding steady at 102, why it the motrin not breaking this fever. Try to call doc to check in but line is busy, wait 20 min, get ready to call again, check fevor...104 again. Dad heads over, Jack and I head out. Shot of Vit R and almost two hours later we return home. My little man sleeps. Fever breaks.
Thursday we are back to 102 with water-butt. UGGGG! Later in the day Sara comes and saves M, library, park, special time, she needed out of the house (thanks S)
Friday we have no fever and mush-butt but we need out of the house. Grandpa stays with Jack while M and I head to the gym. I have a tri in one week...
Saturday we are all doing good, kids are running around, I ran for the first time since April (good training), balloons arrive from papa and grandma, kids are happy!
2 comments:
Oh man! Sounds like I picked the right time to have my problem. You had more than enough to deal with! I'm glad Jack is feeling better. Still sad that we didn't get to see you. :(
Me too... when are you coming?
Post a Comment