Wednesday, September 15, 2010

autumn

it is here! my fav time of year... the leaves are changing up in the mountains, but they are still green in the yard, the garden is holding on, but it is coming to an end. I love that it is cool and crisp in the morning. The kids are still wearing shorts and flip flops but it is not unusual for us to grab a hoodie on our way out the door. I find myself explaining how busy we have been on a regular basis. I have finally come to realize that this is just our life.... we are a busy family. I long for the lazy days that there was no need to leave the house. I feel like I am working full time again. Four days a week we are on a schedule, I look forward to Mondays, the day that Mags is out of school and I have no student to tutor. The last two weeks have been chaotic, I am ready for this routine to feel more natural. D was out of town this last week hunting. This morning I was grateful to have him home. It was nice to have all my lovies at the breakfast table this morning :)



Maggie is absolutely in love with school. She loves her sketch book and the overhead projector. She makes designs on it with glass beads , seashells and such, then draws her design in her sketchbook. Another favorite is the letter writing station. This letter makes me laugh. It was a picture for her buddy Ian and this is how she had the teacher address it. You know, so the postman got the correct Ian!
Two weekends ago we attended the balloon classic. I was a little difficult to get out of the house that morning.... but it was worth it.
Mags and Ian are on the same soccer team this season. Their first game as last Saturday. Mags stood in the same spot for a good ten minutes. The whistle blew and I got her to come over to me. What are you doing? I asked. I don't think I got good sleep, was her reply :}
After the game we hit the road for the Hostetlers pad. Emma had been sick all week and was still a little under the weather. Maggie and Jake were running around like crazy people. Jack was having a hard time keeping up.... but then he discovered the hose and was having a grand time spraying M and J and the chickens. Jen woke in the middle of the night with whatever Emma had. I headed out that morning alone for our Tri. I have to admit that I was way under prepared for this one. It wasn't that I had missed the gym for two weeks previous. It was ca-ca-cold!!! 32 degrees when the first heat hit the water. Probably high 30's when I got on my bike. All I had on me was a cheap $5 hoodie from old navy. It was quiet windy in the canon, my hands were purple and my toes numb until about mile three of the run. But it was well worth it to have my family there at the finish line. We headed out early, I needed to get my kids away from the sickness! Mags was upset that we were leaving early.... so we called Ian and Ben and made plans for a picnic by the creek on Monday. The kids had fun "bear-hunting". It is so funny to see their imaginations at work.

so whats in store for us this week? Grammy is coming, Maggie is in a parade, and Jack will start at the sitter... and maybe, just maybe we will find a day with no reason to leave the house.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love all the lush greenery! It only gets busier as they get school age :( I thought it would slow down, but sadly, no.
xoxo

Franklund said...

DONT say that..... makes me sad! I have a new appreciation for summer break.