Maggie has been back and forth about this whole school thing. Some days she was excited, and others, well, just not so sure about the whole thing. Last week we went to her open house. She was very excited to show Jack her new school. They had a blast and I had to drag them out of there. When we left I told her about how little girls get to get all dressed up for their first day of school. You can wear one of your cute dresses I told her. "I don't think so Mom, but you can buy me a new spiderman shirt!" That's my girl! Stubbornly independent. I could have begged, pleaded, and bribed her, but I knew it wouldn't make a difference. She is marches to the beat of her own drum. So this morning she picked out her own outfit, helped me pack her lunch, and got in the car with a smile on her face. On the way she asked "mom can you go in with me? I'm a little scared" But that didn't last long... she was painting away when I left.
She had a great day. Was a little chatterbox the entire way home, filling me in on all the days activities. She took a big long snooze after school and is ready for tomorrow. This is one of her favorite songs... gotta love Jack Johnson... I thought it fit just perfect.
4 comments:
Can't believe she is going to school! Big girl...hugs to her!xo
Some pictures of Maggie I look at and just think she's the prettiest little thing. Well just now these pictures of her I was thinking "wow, she looks like Adie" and then Adie came by and saw it and said "hey, that looks like us but it's not us"
Melissa, that is funny, when we look at your blog D always says that they could be sisters.... love it!
So cute! It seems like you were just pregnant with her...
Post a Comment