its mothers day weekend! Yes, I said weekend. You don't do this job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and get it summed up in one day. I hope you get to spend it the way you want, whether it be sleeping in, breakfast in bed, time with the kiddos, time without the kiddos, whatever you choose I hope you all have a wonderfully relaxing weekend. We are headed out to the Hosteler's for a little fun. I will be snuggling their new baby Shane! I may come back with my loins aching for another... I will be back on Tuesday with tons of pictures!
And because it gave me a good laugh last year.
You know you are a mother when:
... you clean your childs face with your own saliva.
... your feet stick to the kitchen floor, and you don't care.
... you wait to clean house until everyone is in bed, then you sit and enjoy it for a few moments because you know 10min after they wake up, it will be chaos again.
(Maybe I should just wait until they go off to college)
... you hear your mothers voice coming out of your mouth.
...your friends that haven't had kids yet look at you strangely when you wipe the snot off your kids face with your own sleeve.
... your purse is crammed with small toys, sanitizer, band-aids, and an endless supply of smashed goldfish crackers.
2 comments:
Happy Mother's day!
we would love some of your morrell recipes - our favorite was stuffing them with a gouda and bacon mixture and baking them. We get more chantrells around here but I imagine we could use them in similar ways. And I've seen two comments about you thinking a new baby might be fun... We're sure enjoying this one. I really hope it works out to see you this summer so keep us posted if you decide to head out this way. Even if it's during the week the girls and I can do Olympia and back in a day(that's where Dustin's sister is, right?)
Post a Comment